Saturday, May 15, 2010

Lasts

This last week has been so much harder than we expected. Coming onto our lasts of the trip have really gotten to us and we're just hoping time slows down, just even a little, so these last few days don't just pass us by.

Each thing we do, it seems that we're finding ourselves saying this is the last time we'll (insert action or event). Sometimes, even though it is a good and exciting last, such as our last exam, it strikes me in a way that is hard to overcome. I think that seeing my roommates for the last time was the hardest thing that surprised us the most.

It was interesting to see how quickly we fell into a norm here, having a schedule of sorts. Dinner at seven. Friends at eight. Milk Market on Saturdays. Mass five days a week. Indian for dinner once a week. Trips into town on Wednesdays. Skyping on Sundays. Wine on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. The list could go on an on about the things we normally did.

I can't believe the time has come to move on from this in a few days. I'm sure we'll easily fall back into the norm, but for now, it is hard for me to say that I want to go back to the norms of home. I'm sure I'll change my mind once I get there and get to see my family and friends, return to Thomas More, and drive my car. For now though, Phillip and I are continuing our lasts of everything for the next few days, and in the end, we'll have memories that last forever.
Phillip and I at Mary I for the last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment