Monday, May 17, 2010

Focus of the Day

How are you supposed to feel when it is your last day in a place?

Are you sad to leave? Happy to return home? Nervous for the flight? Exhausted from the packing? What becomes the focus of your emotions?

I wish I knew the answer to that. It might make today easier. I found myself this morning not wanting to get out of bed until the absolute last possible minute. I didn't want this day to start... ever.

But alas, it has and it is continuing in full swing whether I like it or not. That is okay though. I'm ready to enjoy this last day. We have a few errands to run, will get our deposits on our apartments refunded, and have a delicious dinner and two bottles of wine calling our name tonight.

Bring on the day, world. I'm ready for the last day of this wonderful adventure. It may not be an easy day here, but I intend to make it a good one.
Phillip and I with our wine bottle collection from the past four months.

No comments:

Post a Comment